Wednesday, February 4, 2009

6 Month Old Darby!


As a 6 month old, Darby...
  • Has started sitting up all on her own!
  • Prefers to play on the floor with her toys instead of the exersaucer!
  • Holds her own bottle & sippy cup.
  • Drinks juice/water out of a sippy cup.
  • Has tasted turkey and chicken and isn't the least bit interested in either!
  • LOVES the Gerber Biter Biscuits.
  • LOVES the Gerber Puffs too! She picks them up herself!
  • Loves to read her Baby Einsteins book over and over. She pats and kisses the page with the sun. It's adorable.
  • Is wearing 9-12 month sized clothes, and a few 18 month!
  • Is wearing size 3 diapers.
  • Is taking a nice 2 naps a day, morning and afternoon. Mommy loves nap time!
  • Sits in shopping carts like a big girl!
  • Is VERY vocal, singing and talking wherever we are!
  • Is admired by strangers every single place we go. Everyone loves a baby, but I happen to think it's because she is the cutest one EVER!


Here's the updated slideshow!



I finally got around to putting our hospital bracelets, Darby's first hat, umbilical clamp and birth id card in a shadow box. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's going to hang it up in Darby's room.
Just about every day little D and I go for a walk. Lately the weather has been SO beautiful. Weather in Southern California is pretty great all year round, but lately, it's been exceptionally so! Usually Darby is so awake during our walks and no matter how close to nap time it may be, she will not go to sleep. Yesterday however, she gave in to sleep and when we got home she just looked too cute passed out in her stroller. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a picture:

3 comments:

jlmishler said...

I love the month to month slideshow. Look how big she is getting. Oh precious Darby!! I love it. She is too cute! Loves to you both!

M said...

Cute, cute, cute! I agree, it's not everyday you see a baby as cute as Darby!

And stop talking about the gorgeous weather!! Makes me SO jealous! I am up to my knees in snow and freezing to death!

Loves!

jill said...

Happy 6 month bday, Darby! She is adorable.

Ahh, how I miss southern CA. I lived there for 3 years (in Irvine) and it was just beautiful.