Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Darby's 1st Easter

Easter was a BUSY day (to put it mildly) for us! Of COURSE the Easter bunny came, and Darby was so happy to get her Elmo Easter basket filled with fun Elmo things! She got some socks, a book, dvd and some Elmo Easter eggs!

Then we got all ready, and Darby put her beauuuuutiful Easter dress on (thanks again Great Aunt Lynne and Great Uncle Kevin!) and we were off! First stop was to see Lynne and Kevin for an Easter morning visit so that they could see little D all dressed up!

Next up was lunch at Eric's Aunt Cindy and Uncle Jim's house with that whole side of the family (his Mom's side!) It was a great yummy lunch - Darby loved the potatoes, and it's always fun seeing everyone.

She got LOTS of snuggles from her Grandpa Dave ...

... and her Grandma Julie made her the most adorable little bunny rabbit!


She even crawled around and played with her one and only GREAT Grandpa!


Darby had lots of fun playing around with Jordyn too!



... and Francie! (who is off to Notre Dame in August!)

Our final stop (before HOME!) was my parents house in Redondo Beach. We were greeted by their GIGANTIC agave plant, that grows something like 4 inches a day!

Darby had a great time crawling around and exploring their house too. Of course I took a million pictures, I just can't seem to help myself! Here are some:







I love taking pictures of Darby, but I certainly don't have enough of us together. Luckily, we got a few good shots on Easter ...

... and one with Grandma too!


We were exhausted, but it was a great holiday and we are so lucky to have so much family close by to celebrate with! I just can't wait until next year, hopefully Darby will be old enough for an Easter egg hunt in our backyard!

2 comments:

M said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like TOO MUCH fun!!
Love the dress! and seriously, it's all I can do to not get in my car, drive to Cali and chew on those yummy cheeks of hers!!

hollyli said...

she is so cute!