Sunday, August 9, 2009

I know, it's about time!!

So I have FINALLY gotten (almost) all of the pictures from Darby's 1st Birthday Bash, up on my Shutterfly site! I'm sorry it took so long, I had uploaded them, but then just didn't get around to organizing them and putting them into a folder on the site.

Things have been busy! For her birthday, from her Grandma and Grandad (Finken) she got a months worth of unlimited classes at Gymboree! I have been trying to take her there as much as we can - and she LOVES it. I will be sure to bring my camera today when Eric and I take her to the Play and Learn class at noon.

Darby CAN walk. She just decides not to. She takes about 5 steps now and then plops herself down. When people ask us if she is walking, we say no - because really she isn't - I don't think taking steps and walking are exactly the same thing. She is close, I think probably by September we will have a full fledged walker on our hands. I am in NO hurry for it!

She is talking so much, here is a list of her vocabulary to date:

  • hi
  • uh-oh
  • book
  • buh (for Billie our dog)
  • Mama
  • Papa
  • Jack
  • Baby
  • thank you
  • see (she usually says "oooooh see?" and points to something)
  • this (when she is showing you or handing you something)
  • what's that?
  • num num (seems as though we taught her this for food and she tells us when she's hungry now - or points to food/pictures of food and says it!)
I think I covered it all. She does the baby sign for "all done" and I have been working on "milk" and "more". I haven't been as good with the baby signs as I wanted to, but I just have a hard time remembering to do them!

Darby is growing by leaps and bounds. She is definitely turning the corner into toddler hood. Here is a video I took the other night of her talking on her cell phone (an old cell phone we had lying around). Sometimes she even talks to her friend Jack on the phone (pretends to) and it is hilarious - she will blabber and then say "Jack,Jack, Jack", it's so funny! She is such a ham, enjoy!



post signature

4 comments:

Monica said...

Even though I haven't met her in person, I just love her!!

Love,
Aunt Monica

Laquita said...

Darby gets cuter every day. Looks like she's doing a good job of walking, just likes to hold on to things. So cute of her talking on the phone. Love the birthday pictures on Shutter Fly.

Colleen said...

She seems very advanced with her vocabulary! Great job Mom and Dad :)

And taking steps IS walking, at least in my book...she just decides not to walk for a long time. Smart!

Emily said...

So cute, sister! I love her sweet voice!