Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sisters.

Irreplaceable. That is the best word I can use to describe my sister. Even though we had our fair share of fights and disagreements, oh and she was REALLY bossy (and she admits she was!), there wasn't much that could come between my sister and I. Growing up, she was the ultimate friend who I looked up to. When she took up piano, I wanted to too. I used to get so frustrated when we'd color together because she could always do so much better than I could. I never understood that she was 5 years older then me. We could play for hours on end.

We were rarely a nuisance to each other. I put up with the bossiness because I loved her so much and just wanted to be with her. She put up with an annoying little sister for the same reason.

Time made us grow up, and we have both found true love in our husbands. Life has us living so far apart, but we are just as close as we were in our childhood days, and even closer. I don't think there is anything that can change our relationship.

I really hope one day we are able to give Darby a sister so she is able to have what I do. Sisters are SO special and the relationship can NOT be justified by words.

It can only be FELT and treasured.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks so much, Annie! You are the absolute best and I love you soooo much. Emi

Mandie said...

OMG, the cutest blog ever! I can totally relate to that! Sisi's are z BEST! Duno what I would have done with my 27+ years of life without Andie.